Saturday, June 18, 2011

It's Official!

After a lot of waiting (3 months, to be exact), we finally have some news - This week, I was medically cleared to donate my eggs!

I offered my eggs in March, and to be honest, K and I have done a lot of waiting since then.

We waited for her to get her period (for blood testing).

Then we waited for her to get her period again.

During all of this waiting, we weren't told that *I* had to give blood during the third day of my period, too.

So, we waited for me to get my period. The third day of your period is a "magic day" to tell where your egg levels are, I guess. And yes, there's probably a fancier name for "egg levels," but you'll have to excuse me for not knowing it yet.

So far, we have learned that fertility clinics don't often work together. And if they do work together, they rarely do it from different states. It appears that we are the first out of state donor/recipient team to work with either of these clinics, and that means that there have been some bumps that are causing this process to go a little slower than usual.

So, K and I are learning as we go, and trying to keep each other grounded through the "HOW did they not tell us THAT?" phases. We're doing a good job, I think.

Next step? Synchronizing our cycles (I can't get synchronized swimmers out of my head) and going in for Day 3 labs again next month. From what we understand, the daily hormone injections will start around then and we're hoping for an August-September retrieval date!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Another step closer, right?

    -C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It seems like things are finally progressing. Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news! This is fabulous that you are sharing your journey so others have a place to learn and take comfort.

    ReplyDelete

We truly appreciate your questions and {kind} comments. Please feel free to comment using your name!