Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Now, we wait.

My sister-in-law went to the doctor, filled out a bunch of paperwork, and sent some to me.

I filled out my stack (personal questions, anyone?) and sent the package back to the fertility clinic.

Now, we wait.

We wait for her to start her cycle.

We wait for the doctors to "approve" me.

We wait.

It could all start in 4 weeks, or we could have to wait longer.

Is it awful to say that I'm a little bummed that this all fell together in the summer? I've been working pretty hard on being swimsuit ready. I have a feeling that all of the hormones I have to take will add a few pounds. I know how selfish that sounds, but this is all about honesty, right?

I think the waiting is the hardest. I'm not a good waiter. I have a lot of time to think. I have thought about all the "big" stuff, like making a child with my DNA that won't be mine. Now, I'm thinking about silly things. Like swimsuit season. And the 6 weeks of shots, and if they'll hurt. Will I be able to give the shots to myself? Since we're not telling my children, will I be able to hide the shots from them? Will I be emotional and moody for 6 weeks?

Ok, back to waiting...

2 comments:

  1. I don't do well with waiting. I'd probably be on the phone asking what the heck is taking so long.

    I've heard that the shots do make you put on a little weight, but with all those pushups, P90X and lunges, I think you'll still be good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong (or silly) about any and every thought or concern you have. They're not going to stop you from doing it... you're allowed to worry about it all!
    Ugh waiting sucks.

    ReplyDelete

We truly appreciate your questions and {kind} comments. Please feel free to comment using your name!